1. Monthly Meeting: Vietnam Veterans of America and Associates Chapter 1008 meets
the 3rd Wednesday of every month. The meeting takes place at the Pheasant Ridge Community Center, 209 Longwood Ct. West, Lanc aster, PA 7603. The meeting starts at 2:00 PM.
Refreshments are ready at 1:30 PM. All are invited to join us at our
meetings. Our next meeting will be Wednesday, May 16, 2018. BRING A FRIEND.
PLEASE NOTE: We have a new meeting place. Our meetings will now take place at the Pheasant Ridge Community Center, 209 Longwood Ct. West, Lancaster PA 17603. Pheasant Ridge is off Stone Mill Rd. Stone Mill Rd runs between Millersville Rd. (rte 741) and Columbia Ave. (rte 462). Pheasant Ridge may also be accessd from Millersville Pike (rte 999). Turn onto Schoolhouse Rd., proceed to Stone Mill Rd., turn right on Stone Mill Rd., then left into Pheasant Ridge.
Also please note: Our start time for our meetings will change at our April 18, 2018 meeting. We will start at 2:00 PM.
Events & Happenings
3. Chapter Picnic- The Chapter 1008 picnic will be Saturday, September 8, 2018 at Millersville Freedom Park. We will be in Pavilion A. The picnic will be from 9:00 AM until 3:00 PM. All are invited to join us.
2. Vietnam Round Table- On the second Thursday of every month there is a
Vietnam War Round Table, held at Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 542
headquarters, 8000 Derry St., Harrisburg, PA . For more information call Richard Burton @ 717-545-2336. The next round table will Take place on April 12, 2018. The guest speaker will be James Dixon. James was with Kilo Company, 3rd Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division while serving in Vietnam.
4. Veterans Day Wreath Laying Ceremony- The VeteransDay Wreath Laying Ceremony at The Vietnam Veterans Memorial at Grenwood Cemetery in Lancaster will be Saturday, November 10, 2018, at 1:00 PM. Greenwood Cemetery is located on South Queen St in Lancaster.
5. Bus Trip to The Wall- The 11th Annual Veterans Day bus trip to Washington, D.C. will be on Sunday, November 11, 2018. The cost will be $40.00 per person, and we will leave from the Executive Coach parking lot on Beaver Valley Pike, Wiow Street. The bus will leave at 7:00 AM. There will be a stop for dinner on the ride home (at your own expense). We will arrive home at approximately 7:30 PM. Al are invited to join us.
For more information please contact Ken Ford @ 717-584-6537.
6. Veterans Day Ceremony- The Annual Veterans Day Ceremony at Millersville Freedom Park will take place on Monday, November 12, 2018. The Ceremony will begin at 10:00 AM. Millersville Freedom Park is located off Manor Ave. in Millersville, PA.